- It is a layer of gases that may surround a star or planet of sufficient mass, and that is held in place by the gravity of the body. 
- Gas giants consist mainly of various gases, but only their outer layer is their atmosphere.
- The outer layer of a star is considered to be its atmosphere.
- HD 209458 b was the first exoplanet where an atmosphere has been confirmed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.