- K-type main sequence star
- The term orange dwarf to qualify a K-type star is a misnomer, as K-type stars actually range in color.
- Hydrogen-burning star
- K-type stars fuse hydrogen for approximately 15-30 billion years, far longer than G-type stars.
- Luminosity class V.
- From 0.5 to 0.8 times the mass of the Sun and surface temperatures between 3,900 and 5,200 K.
- Represent 12.1% of all the surrounding stars.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-type_main_sequence_star
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.