- A planet is a celestial body that is massive enough to be rounded by its own gravity and is usually orbiting a star.
- A planet proper has a mass greater than Pluto's mass and less massive than ten times Jupiter's mass 
- A planet proper is part of the Solar System.
- Has cleared the neighborhood around its orbit.
- A planet that has not cleared the neighborhood around its orbit is called a dwarf planet.
- A celestial body that meets a planet requirement but is located outside the Solar System is called an exoplanet.
- Smaller planets that are not massive enough to be rounded by their own gravity are called minor planets.
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://web0.site.uottawa.ca:4321/astronomy/index.html
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/profile.cfm?Object=Dwarf&Display=Moons
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.